Reds vs Force match will go ahead as planned

The Reds vs Western Force second round Super Rugby match will go ahead as planned after match organisers considered calling the match off.

The match was in doubt due to the severe weather as a result of Tropical Cyclone Marcia but will now go ahead and is scheduled to kick off at 6:40pm local time (7:40pm AEDT, 9:40pm NZDT, 8:40am SAST) on Saturday 21 February.

“After lengthy deliberation and consultation among its stakeholders overnight, SANZAR has reached a decision that the Reds v Force match will go ahead as scheduled ” said SANZAR in a statement. .

“The call to play the match was made after considering all available information, including the fact conditions have since been downgraded to a tropical low. ”

“Weather will continue to monitored throughout the day as the safety of patrons, players and staff is our primary concern,” said SANZAR in a statement.

In 2011 after Christchurch was hit by an earthquake the Hurricanes v Crusaders match was called off so this would not have been the first time a Super Rugby match had been called off.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CAPTCHA *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close