Brumbies beat Reds in Brisbane

How times have changed. It was not that long ago that the Reds were near the bottom of the Super Rugby standings and the Brumbies were the leading Australian team.

Match detail

We are waiting for the kick off.


The match is underway.


1.00: The Brumbies make a strong start which wins them a penalty.


2.00: Matt Giteau takes the penalty kick and nails it. The Brumbies lead.


5.00: The Reds win a penalty this time so Quade Cooper takes the kick and he too slots it.


7.00:It is a tight game so far. Both teams testing each other out. The Brunbies win a penalty. Matt Giteau takes the kick and nails it.


8.00: Digby Ioane has the first real run of the day and gets the Reds to the 5m line. They keep the pressure up and it wins a penalty.


9.00: Cooper takes the kick and nails it. 6-all.


13.00: Cooper sees space behind the Brumbies and kicks across the field for Morahan. Adam Ashley-Cooper gets back to save the try.


16.00: The Brumbies defensive structure is vastly improved this week. The Reds are struggling to get find holes. Penalty to the Brumbies for holding on. 


18.00; Giteau takes the penalty and nails it.


19.00: The Brumbies open up the Reds and Stephen Moore bashes his way over the line and scores under the posts. TRY!


19.00: Matt Giteau adds the conversion.


23.00: The Reds are starting to look dangerous. Radike Samo sells Giteau about three dummies and he buys them. Samo races away but he can’t get a good pass to Morahan.


25.00: The Reds set up a line out in the Brumbies 25. They win the ball but as they go forward they concede a penalty. Obstruction.


28.00: The Brumbies try to restart and the Reds manage to charge it down. The Reds seem to be a little rattled.


31.00: Penalty to the Brumbies. Giteau takes the kick and nails it.


36.00: The Reds win a penalty so they kick for touch. The Reds win the line out and Cooper pops the pass out to Ioane but he is caught. The Reds keep the ball alive and ben Lucas gets to the line, falls over and then gets up and scores.  TRY!!


38.00: Cooper takes the conversion and misses.


40.00: The siren sounds for half time. It is half time.


The half time score is Reds 11 Brumbies 19


The second half is underway.


42.00; The Reds try to attack but the Faainga brothers passing isn’t good and the ball goes to ground.


43.00: Giteau goes for a drop goal and it hits the posts.


45.00: The Brumbies are on attack about 10m out. Phibbs clears out the ball and Mitchell Chapman scores in the corner. Replays show he had a hand in touch simultaneously. No try.


48.00: Digby Ioane has a run and is tackled. He goes straight down and face plants the field – knocked out COLD. In the tackle his head/jaw connected with the Brumbies tackler’s (Ita Vaea) elbow. It was a bit of a elbow/shoulder charge. The game is held up as Ioane is still out and will be stretchered off. He was out colde before he hit the ground so it’s quite bad. Dom Shipperley comes on and Ioane is driven off still looking like he is out.


50.00: The game resumes and Ben Tapuai comes on. McKenzie is going to the bench.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.