Connacht vs Aironi clash called off

The Round 10 fixture was due to be played at the Sportsground tomorrow night but with no sign of the freezing weather conditions in the West easing up management were forced to call off the game after a pitch inspection this morning.

Connacht’s CEO, Gerry Kelly, said, “We are bitterly disappointed to have to call off the match but the pitch is unplayable at the moment. “

“We are also conscious of the dangers travelling fans would face and though the forecast is for slightly milder weather tomorrow, with no guarantees of a thaw we could not run the risk of leaving a decision any later with respect Aironi’s travel arrangements.”

Head Coach Eric Elwood was equally disappointed, “We were hoping to carry the momentum from our good performance in Edinburgh last weekend into tomorrow night’s match but we’ll use the extra time to prepare for our back to back Amlin Challenge Cup games against Harlequins now.”

The game will now be refixed by Magners League and an update will be given when a decision is reached.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.